Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My First Exhibit!

Tonight was my first official art exhibit. It was awesome to see my work framed and hanging in a gallery. All the pieces I showed were created in PSU classes, so it's like a recent retrospect of my school work. Haha.



My dad took these pictures. With him around, I don't ever have to worry about hiring a professional photographer. :)



This series is made up of acrylic paint and unique, textured papers. I'm working on a new series now which is going to consist mostly of paper. It's a fun medium!



My boss bought this picture (above photo). He was almost more enthusiastic about the show than I was! It is at my work, by the way, which is a gallery/framing/art supply store. He did all the framing + made postcards and posters + he hung the ones that needed to be hung. The only thing I did to prepare for the show was mop the floor!



I had a lot of fun. Lots of friends and family stopped by to see the show. They made my night. :) It wouldn't have been nearly as fun without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment