Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bowling

Last night my brother hosted a "Quitting My Awful Job" party. At the same time I was internally celebrating my "Getting Back My Old Job" party. For my brother's party we all went bowling.
Ever since I got a digital camera about 6th months ago I've taken hundreds of photos of my family and friends whilst partaking in road trips, reunions, and parties. When I began this blog I realized that I have very few photographs of me. This is what happens when you are the dedicated photographer in the family (next to my dad who has a thousand dollar camera but only takes pictures of birds and strangers [not in a creepy way]).
I found myself again taking out my camera from its little Mary Kay bag (the camera fits perfectly there!) and snapping shots of my family hurling 10-14 pound balls down towards the evasive pins. I thought, "Hey, maybe this is an opportunity to get some nice pictures of me while other people are waiting to bowl." So, I handed the camera to my mom and asked her to take some pictures... this is what I got:
Not quite the lovely portrait I was looking for. After I finished laughing, I thought about what it would be like if this picture WAS considered an artistic monument in photography- or painting, or sculpture. So I embedded myself into the world of fine arts to see if I could find a place where my clumsy and awkward charm might fit in.Taking a stroll through the Portland Art Museum

Edvard Munch

Edgar Degas

Claude Monet

Toulouse-Lautrec

Dai Dudu, Li Tiezi, Zhang An, 2006

Scinvisible Tattoo Revue

Salvador Dali... I feel at home here.



1 comment:

  1. Haha! These are brilliant! Nice photoshopping work. The Edgar Degas one made me laugh and laugh... But I think you look really natural in the Toulouse-Lautrec.

    ReplyDelete