Saturday, December 19, 2009

Do you Yudu?

Today a customer asked me if we had a screen printing product from a company called Yudu. It's suppost to be the new hi-tech printing wonder. I looked it up and didn't find it any more useful or easy to use than any other screen printing kit. It can hook up to a computer, but I'm not sure what the use of that is. The website was vague on that part.

I have yet to learn the ways of screen printing, but hope to find the time. Here's some websites that offer to print your own custom designs onto clothing, mugs, bumper stickers, bags, and a whole bunch more:
CustomInk (6 shirt minimum)
BrokenArrowWear (they offer a huge variety of different brandname clothing, 6 shirt minimum)
Zazzle (The best as far as custom making freedom and options, no purchasing minimum)
I designed some shirts on these websites just for fun, without ordering anything. Zazzle has the best options for letter fonts, and you can upload any jpeg or bitmat image from your computer. Cost for one sweater is about $34. The cost for a pair of keds shoes is $60- pricey, but it is fun to design one just for kicks and giggles.
I found images on the computer and applied it to the design of the above shoe (Toucan, orange flowers, and a whale tale). The nerd with the glasses is me in my 7th grade photo.


Toucan!


Whale tale!


And finally, some homemade slippers somebody created using only dollar store items! I currently am researching to see if there are instructions on making ones own outdoor shoes, but this is fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment